Metal Roof in Houston TX
What is metal roofing?
Metal roof is a broad term to describe materials that also have a pricing range. Affordable roofing options start with corrugated steel and end up with copper panels as the most expensive. Now, its longevity is superior to asphalt shingles, but let’s get deeper into this option for your business.
Smarthomes Roofing & Remodeling offers commercial roofing services using copper, zinc, aluminum, tin, or steel metal roof in Houston and its surroundings. Here you can find the metal roof profiles and the choices you’ve got for roof repairs or replacement.
Types of metal roofing
The top factor in choosing metal roofing is the fastener system. Either exposed or concealed, it implies a dramatic price variation. Therefore, we classify the metal roof in two profiles:
- Exposed fastener. You see the screws on the surface, so the fastening system is visible. It has lower costs and ease of installation.
- Concealed fasterner. Clips hold the panel without drilling it, making it more resistant and avoiding water sneaking in. It looks better but has a higher cost, and you need a certified roofing contractor for its correct installation.
Also, we could classify the metal roofing by its presentation or form:
- Corrugated metals.
- Slate roofs.
- Tiles roofs.
And the other criteria to cluster the metal roofing types is by using generic names:
- Zinc metal roof.
- Tin roofing.
- Metal slate roof.
- Copper roof.
- Steel roof.
- Standing seam metal roof.
- Corrugated metal roof.
- Aluminum roof.
What is the cost of a metal roof?
These prices do not include the installation and related costs (which vary from one contractor to another), so please take this list only as a reference (Source: 2021 Buying Guide from Modernize). If you want an official estimate, hit this link, and we will get back to you with a quote. Receiving a detailed roofing estimate is a 100% online process. Let’s take a look at the following:
- Corrugated metal roof: $1.80 – $5.00 per sq ft
- Steel metal roof: $3.35 – $8.50 per sq ft
- Aluminum roof: $3.25 – $8.75 per sq ft
- Zinc metal roof: $5.65 – $11.00 per sq ft
- Standing seam metal roof: $5.00 – $12.00 per sq ft
- Tin roof: $3.25 – $14.65 per sq ft
- Copper roof: $14.00 – $22.00 per sq ft
If you want an estimate for your project, request a non-binding commercial roof inspection.
What is the durability of a metal roof?
Let’s not talk about warranty, because we offer several options for you. Even a lifetime warranty applies for certain products, but this list is about common brands standards:
- Steel roofing: 15-30 years.
- Tin roofing: 15-40 years.
- Zinc roofing: 15-80 years.
- Steel roofing: 15-30 years.
- Standing seam metal roofing: 15-60 years.
- Copper roofing: 20-80 years with clear lacquer maintenance.
- Aluminum roofing: 40+ years.
Remember, take this reference as a guide for material endurability. Every manufacturer offers its warranty, but we can tell you everything you need to know in a quick call.
Still unsure if you need a roof replacement?
Well, we can inspect your roof at no cost for you, so you have nothing to lose. Call us anytime we have an online process to provide roofing estimates. On top of that, if you want more information, we can guide you in your insurance claim process from start to finish if that is the convenient option for you. And last but not least, we are registered with the regional and local guild, known as fully-insured & accredited roof contractors, yearning to satisfy you, keeping our perfect score and good reviews from our new friends.
If undecided, read this post about switching to metal roofing.